Thursday 24 February 2011

Terminal Convention

This is my letter for work experience in Cork.



Firstly my blog, http://amielyncoop.blogspot.com/ is a large part of my project where I document my plans/ experiences so I can respond to them in a creative way.

If I had the opportunity, this post would be a great advantage to my work and would enable me to enjoy work experience in the same field I’m working in. I have ambition to get my work out there and this would be the greatest opportunity to make contacts and to experience an exhibition.

Research / work experience I have volunteered at A Foundation with artist Jacob Dahlgren. I felt inspired by the process of working with the artist and this showed through my work. Working outside of the studio is best for me as I feel I am more, free and can travel to different places for inspiration.
Therefore I feel I would be able to work to my best ability for the Terminal Convention. Also visiting Cork would be an amazing opportunity for me as a person, as I will learn to engage with many artists and build confidence in my own work.

I am familiar with Rosa Barba’s work that is listed as one of the artist’s featuring in Cork. I am interested in her use of text “Lost object A” and materials she uses to convey a message. If I was to be chosen I would be able to advance my knowledge of practising artists and begin to have a global understanding of different art/cultures. As a passionate Liverpool artist I create work from where I’m from because I’m proud of it. By participating in an exhibition with people from all over the world would help me gain cultural knowledge relating to my work.

Thankyou for you time

Amie Cooper




No comments:

Post a Comment