Thursday 10 March 2011

Live performance piece

Amie Cooper


Artist: Gillian Wearing


Year: 1992-1993

Brief discription: The artist says

 “To be asked only to wnte something, anything, presents a challenge and creates a totally different relationship to the person posing the question. The bizarre request to be 'captured' on film by a complete stranger is compounded by a non-specific space; the blank piece of paper, which almost replicates an unexposed film.”

“Perhaps the fascination in the relationship between the person and their slogan is in the confidence or diffidence of the people being 'imaged' in the first place.
This image interrupts the logic of photo-documentary and snapshot photography by the subjects clear collusion and engineering of their own representation.”

How I intend to create my own piece: With my current project I am the subject matter, I research, investigate and experience different outcomes each time. It’s all about communication and responses from members of the public/strangers.
I want to therefore produce photographs/stills from a video of holding up my postcards/collages with people walking past and then using any responses to further my work.

Where?
Around Liverpool

When?
19th March

Risk Assessment: Making sure no one takes camera! Falls over tripod.

How I intend to present this piece?

I intend to present it in a book and as a triptych of photographs framed/mounted.


No comments:

Post a Comment